Overseas car insurance a minefield for travelers

Overseas car insurance a minefield for travelers. I leased an auto through Sixt at the Brussels air terminal. The assistant demanded that we buy protection despite the fact that my Capital One Visa Signature Visa gave it, saying that I expected to purchase scope through Sixt in light of the fact that there are regularly issues with protection through U.S. Mastercard organizations. Reluctantly, I consented to take impact/harm protection at 90 euro for the week. I was never instructed with respect to any commitments, or extra charges that would or could be surveyed. 

As I was restoring the auto at the airplane terminal seven days after the fact, I scratched a watch rail and scratched the guard. Sixt archived the harm. About seven days after the fact, I got a last receipt from Sixt which noticed the acquired protection and aggregate, and I considered the issue shut. 

After two months, Sixt charged my card 600 euros (about $810) and sent a letter showing that it was charging me for harm to the rental auto. I debated the accuse of Capital One and provided documentation that I purchased the impact/harm protection. The Mastercard organization exhorted that Sixt would have 45 days to react. I was later informed that Sixt never reacted to my debate so the case was shut, and the 600 euro charge was switched. 

The receipt I got in Brussels shows a 600 euro misfortune/harm waiver; in any case, since I bought impact/harm protection that charge does not make a difference. A waiver just applies if the protection isn't acknowledged. Further, on the off chance that I had been exhorted at the rental counter that an extra 600 euro would be surveyed paying little heed to whether I purchased protection, I would not have gotten it and utilized protection secured under my Visa. Besides, on the grounds that I obtained protection through Sixt, it nullified any scope that would have generally been accessible through my charge card.

Popular Posts